Bridget Colston Complete Horsemanship takes your privacy seriously. We hold information for all our clients, and this
also explains your legal rights and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you become a client of Bridget Colston Complete Horsemanship we ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details - e.g. name, address, email address and phone number;
- Names and details of any horses and ponies owned or ridden by you, including a
detailed history of your relationship with them, and your experience of working with horses and ponies in general;
- Personal aims and expectations in connection to your relationship with Bridget Colston Complete Horsemanship.
If this information were not to be provided, it would severely limit our ability to keep in touch with you, and
would also affect our ability to work with you.
Why we need your personal information - legitimate purposes
We process our clients' personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of Bridget Colston Complete Horsemanship, and share opportunities to take part in events;
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, needs, and concerns.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is only accessed by Bridget Colston and her parents, Rob and Catherine Colston, and only
for the purposes set out above. It is stored on an encrypted database on a server hosted by Wyenet Ltd, and in paper
records locked away at our base in Yoxford. The database is protected by password-controlled access.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the services requested. We review
data held by us from time to time, and will delete your personal information where there has been no contact for five years.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a "subject access request";
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request to be excluded from our occasional email mailshots;
- Request that we delete your personal information.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk